Bacon is a beautiful thing. You get smokiness, greasiness, and crispiness all in one bite. Who can complain about that? Unfortunately, when living a gluten-free life, it can be hard to know if “flavorings” or “spices” are secret gluten bombs waiting to ruin your day. Thankfully, there are many gluten-free bacon brands that are safe to eat.
You’re going to need bread to make those BLTs. Here’s a list of 13 trusted gluten-free bread brands.
Top Gluten-Free Bacon Brands
Below is a list of 11 popular GF bacon brands. We’ve also included information on how you can purchase these products near you.
This post is informational only. Gluten-Free Grubbin’ will not receive compensation in any form for mentioning these products or brands.
- Applegate Naturals No Sugar Bacon
- Applegate Naturals Sunday Bacon
- Applegate Naturals Thick Cut Bacon
- Applegate Naturals Turkey Bacon
- Applegate Organics No Sugar Bacon
- Applegate Organics Sunday Bacon
- Applegate Organics Turkey Bacon
Where To Buy: Use Applegate’s product locator to see where you can buy some gluten-free bacon. You can narrow the search by the type of product you’re interested in, then the location.
- Bar-S Naturally Hardwood Smoked
- Bar-S Thick Cut Naturally Hardwood Smoked
- Bar-S Lower Sodium Bacon
Cross-Contamination: All Bar-S bacon is gluten free, but they don’t have any information about how they avoid cross-contamination. We contacted them to find out, and we were told that all of their GF products are produced in dedicated facilities. (Source: Bar-S)
Where To Buy: Use this Bar-S product locator to find their gluten-free bacon near you.
- Boar’s Head Canadian Uncured Bacon
- Boar’s Head Naturally Smoked Traditional Bacon
- Boar’s Head Thick Cut Naturally Smoked Bacon
- Boar’s Head Extra Thick Cut Naturally Smoked Bacon
- Boar’s Head Naturally Smoked Bacon
- Boar’s Head Naturally Smoked Bacon, Fully Cooked
- Boar’s Head Maple & Brown Sugar Bacon
Cross-Contamination: Boar’s Head states that all their “meats, cheeses, condiments and hummus are gluten free.” But, the website doesn’t have any information about how they prevent cross-contamination, so we reached out to them. We will update this article if Boar’s Head responds.
Where To Buy: You can find a Boar’s Head near you to see where you can pick up their gluten-free bacon.
- Butterball® Original Turkey Bacon
- Butterball® Thin & Crispy Turkey Bacon
- Butterball® Lower Sodium Turkey Bacon
- Butterball® Fully Cooked Turkey Bacon
Cross-Contamination: Butterball is one of the completely gluten-free bacon brands, and their products are made in a dedicated gluten-free facility. (Source: Butterball)
Where To Buy: Butterball’s product finder allows you to select specific products, then see where you can buy them in your area.
Dietz & Watson
- Dietz & Watson® Hickory Smoked Gourmet Bacon
- Dietz & Watson® Originals Uncured Bacon Hickory Smoked
- Dietz & Watson® Thick Cut Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Dietz & Watson® Applewood Smoked Uncured Bacon
- Dietz & Watson® Applewood Fully Cooked Bacon
- Dietz & Watson® Turkey Bacon
- Dietz & Watson® Originals Uncured Turkey Bacon
- Dietz & Watson® Organic Uncured Turkey Bacon
- Dietz & Watson® Beef Bacon
- Dietz & Watson® Canadian Bacon Slices
Cross-Contamination: Dietz & Watson says that all their meat is gluten free, except the Scrapple and Bockwurst selections. However, they don’t have any information regarding how they prevent gluten cross-contamination, so we contacted them to find out more. In an email response, D&W said that all their bacon is made in a dedicated gluten-free facility.
Where To Buy: Dietz & Watson’s product locator allows you to search for specific products in your area. You can also buy their products online so that you can get their gluten-free bacon delivered right to you.
- Farmland 30% Less Fat, Center Cut Bacon
- Farmland 33% Less Fat, 35% Lower Sodium Bacon
- Farmland Applewood Smoked Classic Cut Bacon
- Farmland Classic Cut Bacon
- Farmland Thick Cut Bacon
- Farmland Double Smoked Bacon
- Farmland Extra Thick (Butcher’s Cut) Bacon
- Farmland Lower Sodium, Classic Cut Bacon
- Farmland Sliced Bacon, Thick Cut
Note: We found this list on the Smithfield Culinary website, which is a parent company to Farmland. The products listed above are clearly marked as gluten free on that list. Many of these products are actually listed as gluten free on the label, too. We contacted Farmland Foods directly for a list, but we were told that they don’t have one.
Cross-Contamination: Farmland Foods’ website doesn’t have any information regarding how they avoid cross-contamination, so we reached out to them. They emailed us back and said that while they don’t add gluten to their bacon, they receive ingredients from outside suppliers and can’t verify their safety. Why do their products carry a GF label then?
Where To Buy: You can use the Farmland product locator to find their gluten-free bacon in your city.
- Godshall’s Real Meat Turkey Bacon
- Godshall’s Real Meat Maple Flavored Turkey Bacon
- Godshall’s Real Meat Uncured Turkey Bacon
- Godshall’s Fully Cooked Uncured Turkey Bacon
- Godshall’s Beef Bacon
- Godshall’s Artisan Butcher Uncured Bacon Apple Spice
- Godshall’s Artisan Butcher Uncured Bacon Bourbon Molasses
- Godshall’s Artisan Butcher Uncured Bacon Korean Barbecue
- Godshall’s Canadian Turkey Bacon
Cross-Contamination: Godshall’s doesn’t explain how they avoid cross-contamination in their facilities, so we contacted them to see if we could learn more. If we hear back from them, we will update this article.
Where To Buy: Godshall’s where to buy tool allows you to select the exact product you want, then find the stores around you that carry that item.
- Cherrywood Smoked Extra Thick Cut Triple Smoked Bacon
- Maple Brown Sugar Extra Thick Cut Triple Smoked Bacon
- Hickory Extra Thick Cut Triple Smoked Bacon
Cross-Contamination: How does Hatfield prevent gluten cross-contamination? We emailed them to find out. They explained that although their products are made in a shared facility, they control cross-contamination by scheduling gluten-free products first, keeping gluten-free ingredients separate from others, and maintaining strict cleaning procedures.
Where To Buy: Use this store locator to see where you can pick up Hatfield gluten-free bacon today. You’ll also find a Product Request Form you can use to ask Hatfield to put their products in stores near you.
Jones Dairy Farm
- Antibiotic Free Canadian Bacon
- Uncured Canadian Bacon Slices
- Canadian Bacon Slices
- Cherrywood Smoked Bacon Slices
- Hickory Smoked Bacon Slices
- No Sugar Hickory Smoked Bacon Slices
- Cherrywood Smoked Uncured Turkey Bacon Slices
Cross-Contamination: Jones Dairy Farm says that all their gluten-free products are GFCO certified. Additionally, they follow a strict cleaning and sanitizing protocol to help prevent cross-contamination. (Source: Jones Dairy Farm)
Where To Buy: Jones Dairy Farm has a helpful product locator that allows you to search for all of their items (or choose specific ones) in your city. You can even see how many Jones Dairy Farm products are available in a specific store.
We wanted to add Smithfield because they are a major bacon supplier that puts “gluten free” on product labels. However, they don’t have a list of gluten-free bacon on their website. We contacted Smithfield about this and were simply informed that they don’t have a list of their gluten-free products. How odd.
Cross-Contamination: Smithfield doesn’t have any information on their website about how they avoid cross-contamination. In their response email, they said that their bacon is naturally gluten free, but they can’t verify its safety because Smithfield uses outside vendors for some of their ingredients. Can you trust it or not? Go with your gut in making that decision.
Where To Buy: You can use the drop-down menu on each of the Smithfield products to find those items near you.
- Sugar Free Dry Rubbed Bacon Ends & Pieces
- Applewood Smoked Dry Rubbed Center Cut Bacon
- Bacon Bits
- Canadian Bacon
- Canadian Turkey Bacon
- Fully Cooked Bacon Strips
- Fully Cooked Chicken Bacon
- Fully Cooked Turkey Bacon
- Organic Sugar Free Turkey Bacon
- Organic Dry Rubbed Bacon
- Smoked Maple Uncured Bacon
- Thick Sliced Dry Rubbed Bacon
- Turkey Peppered Uncured Bacon
Cross-Contamination: Wellshire Farms always cleans and sanitizes their production equipment before and after every production run. (Source: Wellshire Farms )
Where To Buy: Wellshire Farms products are exclusively sold in Whole Foods. Use this Whole Foods Market store locator to find a Whole Foods close to you that sells Wellshire GF bacon.
We hope that this list has been helpful in your hunt for gluten-free bacon brands! If you have a favorite that we missed, please let us know in the comments below.
Go get your grub on!