Bacon is a beautiful thing. You get smokiness, greasiness, and crispiness all in one bite. However, when living a gluten-free life, it can be hard to know if “flavorings” or “spices” are secret gluten bombs waiting to ruin your week. Thankfully, there are many gluten-free bacon brands you can trust.
You’re going to need bread to make those BLTs. Here’s a list of 13 trusted gluten-free bread brands.
Top Gluten-Free Bacon Brands
Below is a list of 11 popular gluten-free bacon brands. We’ve also included information on how you can purchase these products near you.
Gluten-Free Grubbin’ is supported by its readers. We may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you if you buy through our links. We promise we’ll only share products that provide value to the gluten-free community.
Here’s a list of gluten-free bacon Applegate offers:
- Applegate Naturals No Sugar Bacon
- Applegate Naturals Sunday Bacon
- Applegate Naturals Thick Cut Bacon
- Applegate Naturals Turkey Bacon
- Applegate Organics No Sugar Bacon
- Applegate Organics Sunday Bacon
- Applegate Organics Turkey Bacon
Here’s a list of gluten-free bacon Bar-S offers:
- Bar-S Naturally Hardwood Smoked
- Bar-S Thick Cut Naturally Hardwood Smoked
- Bar-S Lower Sodium Bacon
Cross-Contact: All Bar-S bacon is gluten free, but they don’t have any information about how they avoid cross-contact with gluten. We emailed them to find out more, and we were told that all of their gluten-free products are produced in dedicated facilities. (Source: Bar-S)
Use this Bar-S product locator to find their gluten-free bacon near you.
Here’s a list of Boar’s Head gluten-free bacon options:
- Boar’s Head Canadian Uncured Bacon
- Boar’s Head Naturally Smoked Traditional Bacon
- Boar’s Head Thick Cut Naturally Smoked Bacon
- Boar’s Head Extra Thick Cut Naturally Smoked Bacon
- Boar’s Head Naturally Smoked Bacon
- Boar’s Head Naturally Smoked Bacon, Fully Cooked
- Boar’s Head Maple & Brown Sugar Bacon
Cross-Contact: Boar’s Head states that all their “meats, cheeses, condiments and hummus are gluten free.” But, the website doesn’t have any information about how they prevent gluten cross-contact, so we reached out to them. We will update this article if Boar’s Head responds.
Here’s a list of gluten-free bacon Butterball offers:
- Butterball® Original Turkey Bacon
- Butterball® Thin & Crispy Turkey Bacon
- Butterball® Lower Sodium Turkey Bacon
- Butterball® Fully Cooked Turkey Bacon
Cross-Contact: Butterball is one of the completely gluten-free bacon brands, and their products are made in a dedicated gluten-free facility. (Source: Butterball)
Dietz & Watson
Here’s a list of Dietz & Watson gluten-free bacon:
- Dietz & Watson® Hickory Smoked Gourmet Bacon
- Dietz & Watson® Originals Uncured Bacon Hickory Smoked
- Dietz & Watson® Thick Cut Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Dietz & Watson® Applewood Smoked Uncured Bacon
- Dietz & Watson® Applewood Fully Cooked Bacon
- Dietz & Watson® Turkey Bacon
- Dietz & Watson® Originals Uncured Turkey Bacon
- Dietz & Watson® Organic Uncured Turkey Bacon
- Dietz & Watson® Beef Bacon
- Dietz & Watson® Canadian Bacon Slices
Cross-Contact: Dietz & Watson says that all their meat is gluten free, except the Scrapple and Bockwurst selections. However, they don’t have any information regarding how they prevent gluten cross-contact, so we contacted them to find out more. In an email response, D&W said that all their bacon is made in a dedicated gluten-free facility.
Here’s a list of gluten-free bacon Farmland offers:
- Farmland 30% Less Fat, Center Cut Bacon
- Farmland 33% Less Fat, 35% Lower Sodium Bacon
- Farmland Applewood Smoked Classic Cut Bacon
- Farmland Classic Cut Bacon
- Farmland Thick Cut Bacon
- Farmland Double Smoked Bacon
- Farmland Extra Thick (Butcher’s Cut) Bacon
- Farmland Lower Sodium, Classic Cut Bacon
- Farmland Sliced Bacon, Thick Cut
Note: We found this list on the Smithfield Culinary website, which is a parent company to Farmland. The products listed above are clearly marked as gluten free on that list. Many of these products are actually listed as gluten free on the label, too. We contacted Farmland Foods directly for a list, but we were told that they don’t have one.
Cross-Contact: Farmland Foods’ website doesn’t have any information regarding how they avoid cross-contact with gluten, so we reached out to them. They emailed us back and said that while they don’t add gluten to their bacon, they receive ingredients from outside suppliers and can’t verify their safety. Why do their products carry a gluten-free label then?
We’ve kept Farmland Foods on this list simply because they do claim to be gluten-free. People with celiac disease or extreme gluten intolerance should probably steer clear of this brand, just in case.
Here’s a list of gluten-free bacon Godshall’s offers:
- Godshall’s Real Meat Turkey Bacon
- Godshall’s Real Meat Maple Flavored Turkey Bacon
- Godshall’s Real Meat Uncured Turkey Bacon
- Godshall’s Fully Cooked Uncured Turkey Bacon
- Godshall’s Beef Bacon
- Godshall’s Artisan Butcher Uncured Bacon Apple Spice
- Godshall’s Artisan Butcher Uncured Bacon Bourbon Molasses
- Godshall’s Artisan Butcher Uncured Bacon Korean Barbecue
- Godshall’s Canadian Turkey Bacon
Cross-Contact: Godshall’s doesn’t explain how they avoid gluten cross-contact in their facilities, so we reached out to them to see if we could learn more. If we hear back, we will update this article.
Here’s a list of gluten-free bacon Hatfield offers:
- Cherrywood Smoked Extra Thick Cut Triple Smoked Bacon
- Maple Brown Sugar Extra Thick Cut Triple Smoked Bacon
- Hickory Extra Thick Cut Triple Smoked Bacon
Cross-Contact: How does Hatfield prevent cross-contact with gluten? We emailed them to find out. They explained that although their products are made in a shared facility, they control cross-contact by scheduling gluten-free products first, keeping gluten-free ingredients separate from others, and maintaining strict cleaning procedures.
Use this store locator to see where you can pick up Hatfield gluten-free bacon today. You’ll also find a Product Request Form you can use to ask Hatfield to put their products in stores near you.
Jones Dairy Farm
Here’s a list of gluten-free bacon Jones Dairy Farm offers:
- Antibiotic Free Canadian Bacon
- Uncured Canadian Bacon Slices
- Canadian Bacon Slices
- Cherrywood Smoked Bacon Slices
- Hickory Smoked Bacon Slices
- No Sugar Hickory Smoked Bacon Slices
- Cherrywood Smoked Uncured Turkey Bacon Slices
Cross-Contact: Jones Dairy Farm says that all their gluten-free products are GFCO certified. Additionally, they follow a strict cleaning and sanitizing protocol to help prevent cross-contact with gluten-containing items. (Source: Jones Dairy Farm)
Jones Dairy Farm has a helpful product locator that allows you to search for all of their items (or choose specific ones) in your city. You can even see how many Jones Dairy Farm products are available in a specific store.
We’ve added Smithfield because they are a major bacon supplier that puts “gluten free” on product labels. However, they don’t have a list of gluten-free bacon on their website. We contacted Smithfield about this and were simply informed that they don’t have a list of their gluten-free products. How odd.
Cross-Contact: Smithfield doesn’t have any information on their website about how they avoid gluten cross-contact. In their response email, they said that their bacon is naturally gluten free, but they can’t verify its safety because Smithfield uses outside vendors for some of their ingredients. Can you trust it or not? Go with your gut in making that decision.
Here’s a list of gluten-free bacon Wellshire offers:
- Sugar Free Dry Rubbed Bacon Ends & Pieces
- Applewood Smoked Dry Rubbed Center Cut Bacon
- Bacon Bits
- Canadian Bacon
- Canadian Turkey Bacon
- Fully Cooked Bacon Strips
- Fully Cooked Chicken Bacon
- Fully Cooked Turkey Bacon
- Organic Sugar Free Turkey Bacon
- Organic Dry Rubbed Bacon
- Smoked Maple Uncured Bacon
- Thick Sliced Dry Rubbed Bacon
- Turkey Peppered Uncured Bacon
Cross-Contact: Wellshire Farms always cleans and sanitizes their production equipment before and after every production run. (Source: Wellshire Farms )
Share Your Favorite Gluten-Free Bacon Brands
We hope that this list has been helpful in your hunt for gluten-free bacon brands! If you have a favorite that we missed, please let us know in the comments below.
Go get your grub on!