Granola bars are an effortless, versatile snack for children and adults alike. Unfortunately, many granola bars are made with oats, which aren’t always gluten free. Thankfully, more gluten-free granola bars brands are starting to pop up, so you can still rely on them for a great snack to take with you anywhere.
If GF granola bars aren’t your thing, try these gluten-free fruit bars instead!
Popular Gluten-Free Granola Bars Brands
Whether you want to take a granola bar for a quick snack during a run or to keep the kids happy on a road trip, we want you to rest assured knowing which granola bars are gluten free. Follow this gluten free granola bars list for guidance.
This post is informational only. Gluten-Free Grubbin’ will not receive compensation in any form for mentioning these products or brands.
88 Acres certified gluten-free granola bars are vegan, kosher, and non-GMO.
- Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Seed Bars
- Triple Berry Blend Seed Bars
- Ginger Apple Seed Bars
- Cinnamon & Oats Seed Bars
- Double Chocolate Mocha Seed Bars
Cross-Contact: 88 Acres says that they built their own dedicated top allergen-free bakery. Their products have also been GFCO certified. (Source: 88 Acres)
Where To Buy: Use this 88 Acres stores tool to find where you can buy a specific product near you.
Annie’s Homegrown gluten-free granola bars are non-GMO and made without synthetic colors or artificial flavors.
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookie Granola Bars
- Gluten Free Double Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Cross-Contact: Annie’s Homegrown takes the prevention of cross-contact seriously and follows strict guidelines to prevent it. They run their products in a specific order, clean the machines thoroughly, and test for gluten routinely. If there is a potential for cross-contact at any point of production, their products will include a “may contain” or “made on shared equipment” statement. (Source: Annie’s Homegrown)
Where To Buy: This store locator will help you find where you can find Annie’s gluten-free granola bars in your area.
Bobo’s gluten-free oat bars are dairy-free, soy-free, kosher, non-GMO and vegan. They are also one of only three gluten-free granola bars brands on this list that is certified gluten-free.
- Chocolate Chip Oat Bar
- Coconut Oat Bar
- Lemon Poppyseed Oat Bar
- Pumpkin Spice Oat Bar
- Original Oat Bar
- Maple Pecan Oat Bar
- Banana Chocolate Chip Oat Bar
- Cranberry Orange Oat Bar
- Cinnamon Raisin Oat Bar
- Gingerbread Oat Bar
- Apple Pie Oat Bar
- Peach Oat Bar
- Peanut Butter Oat Bar
- Coconut Almond Chocolate Chip Oat Bar
- There with Care Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oat Bar
- Almond Butter Oat Bar
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Oat Bar
- “Pride” Lemon Poppyseed Oat Bar
- “Hero” Chocolate Chip Oat Bar
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oat Bar
- Peanut Butter Stuff’d Oat Bar
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Stuff’d Oat Bar
- Coconut Almond Butter Stuff’d Oat Bar
- Chocolate Almond Butter Stuff’d Oat Bar
- Strawberry Stuff’d Oat Bites
- Apple Pie Stuff’d Oat Bites
- Original with Chocolate Chip Oat BItes
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Stuff’d Oat Bites
- Lemon Poppyseed Oat Bites
- Coconut Oat Bites
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oat Bites
Cross-Contact: Bobo’s says their bakery and products are all certified gluten-free. Additionally, they conduct daily testing to ensure that their products are safe. (Source: Bobo’s)
Where To Buy: Use this store locator to assist you in finding their products in your city.
Enjoy Life gluten-free chewy bars are free from the top 14 allergens and are vegan and non-GMO.
- Chewy Bars Caramel Apple
- Chewy Bars Caramel Blondie
- Chewy Bars Carrot Cake
- Chewy Bars Cocoa Loco
- Chewy Bars Lemon Blueberry Poppyseed
- Chewy Bars Sunseed Crunch
- Grab & Go Grain & Seed Bars Banana Caramel
- Grab & Go Grain & Seed Bars Chocolate Marshmallow
- Grain & Seed Bars Banana Caramel
- Grain & Seed Bars Chocolate Marshmallow
- Grain & Seed Bars Cranberry Orange
- Grain & Seed Bars Maple Sweet Potato
Where To Buy: You can use this store locator to find Enjoy Life gluten-free granola bars close to you.
If you want a different type of treat, try these gluten-free candy brands.
Freeyumm gluten-free soft baked bars are dairy and nut-free, non-GMO, and kosher.
- Honey Apple Soft Baked Bars
- Blueberry Soft Baked Bars
- Raspberry Chia Soft Baked Bars
- Chocolate Chip Soft Baked Bars
- Himalyan Salt Crunchy Chocolate Bites
Cross-Contact: Freeyumm’s products are made in a dedicated gluten-free facility where the top nine allergens aren’t ever allowed on site. (Source: Freeyumm)
Where To Buy: This locator helps you find Freeyumm gluten-free granola bars in your town.
Kind Bars gluten-free granola bars are made with 100% whole grains and are non-GMO and kosher.
- Healthy Grains Dark Chocolate Chunk
- Healthy Grains Oats & Honey With Toasted Coconut
- Healthy Grains Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate
- Healthy Grains Maple Pumpkin Seeds with Sea Salt
- Healthy Grains Cinnamon Oat
- Healthy Grains Double Dark Chocolate
- Healthy Grains Vanilla Blueberry
- Healthy Grains Almond Butter Dark Chocolate
- Protein Almond Butter Dark Chocolate
- Protein Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Protein Dark Chocolate Nut
- Protein White Chocolate Cinnamon Almond
- Protein Caramel Nut
- Nut Bars Peanut Butter
- Nut Bars Caramel Almond & Sea Salt
- Nut Bars Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate
- Nut Bars Cranberry Almond with Macadamia Nuts
- Nut Bars Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt
- Nut Bars Almond & Coconut
- Nut Bars Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew
- Nut Bars Salted Nut Caramel Dark Chocolate Nut
- Nut Bars Blueberry Vanilla Cashew
- Nut Bars Dark Chocolate Almond Coconut
- Nut Bars Pomegranate Blueberry Pistachio
- Nut Bars Maple Glazed Pecan & Sea Salt
- Nut Bars Dark Chocolate Mocha Almond
- Nut Bars Dark Chocolate Almond Mint
- Nut Bars Honey Roasted Nuts & Sea Salt
- Nut Bars Fruit & Nut
- Nut Bars Madagascar Vanilla Almond
- Nut Bars Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Pecan
- Nut Bars Blueberry Almond Pecan
- Nut Bars Caramel Almond Pumpkin Spice
- Nut Bars Raspberry Cashew Chia
- Nut Bars Apple Cinnamon Spice
- Nut Bars Peanut Butter Strawberry
- Nut Bars Almond & Apricot
- Simple Crunch Peanut Butter
- Simple Crunch Oats & Honey
- Simple Crunch Dark Chocolate & Oats
- Nut Butter Filled Snack Bars Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Nut Butter Filled Snack Bars Honey Almond Butter
- Nut Butter Filled Snack Bars Creamy Peanut Butter
- Breakfast Protein Almond Butter
- Breakfast Protein Peanut Butter Banana Dark Chocolate
- Breakfast Protein Dark Chocolate Cocoa
- Breakfast Peanut Butter
- Breakfast Blueberry Almond
- Breakfast Honey Oat
- Breakfast Dark Chocolate Cocoa
- Breakfast Probiotics Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate
- Breakfast Probiotics Apple Cinnamon
- Breakfast Orange Cranberry
Cross-Contact: All of Kind Bar’s products are gluten-free. They do regular extensive cleaning and testing of their products and facilities to ensure there has been no cross-contact. (Source: Kind Bars)
Where To Buy: Use this contact form to contact Kind to find out where you can buy their products.
Made Good gluten-free granola bars are organic, vegan, kosher, non-GMO, and free from the top eight allergens.
- Strawberry Granola Bars
- Sweet & Salty Granola Bars
- Apple Cinnamon Granola Bars
- Chocolate Banana Granola Bars
- Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Mixed Berry Granola Bars
- Mixed Berry Granola Minis
- Apple Cinnamon Granola Minis
- Chocolate Banana Granola Minis
- Chocolate Chip Granola Minis
- Cookies and Crème Granola Minis
- Strawberry Granola Minis
Cross-Contact: While Made Good does not offer gluten-free granola bars without oats, their oats come from dedicated gluten-free fields. Additionally, their products are made in a dedicated facility that’s free from the top allergens, including wheat. Their products are also certified by the GFCO. (Source: Made Good)
Where To Buy: You can use this Where to Buy page to locate Made Good gluten-free granola bars near you.
Nature Valley gluten-free protein bars are made with whole grains and no artificial colors or flavors.
- Protein Blueberry Nut
- XL Protein Mixed Nut
- XL Protein Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate
- Protein Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate
- Protein Peanut, Almond & Dark Chocolate
- Protein Salted Caramel Nut
- Protein Honey Peanut Almond
- Protein Coconut Almond
- Roasted Nut Crunch Almond Crunch Roasted Nut Crunch
Cross-Contact: Nature Valley didn’t have any information on their website regarding how they avoid gluten cross-contact, so we reached out to them. In an email response, they said that all gluten-free granola bars from Nature Valley that carry the “gluten-free” label have been tested and verified to be safe. If their products don’t have any gluten-containing ingredients in them but their packaging doesn’t specify that it is gluten free, then it hasn’t gone through their testing, which means Nature Valley can’t guarantee that the product is safe. (Source: Email from Nature Valley)
Where To Buy: Nature Valley’s product locator can help you locate the exact product you’re looking for.
What To Be Mindful of When Eating Gluten-free Granola Bars
When searching for the best gluten-free granola bars to buy, it’s important to listen to your body. Not everyone reacts to gluten the same way. If you have issues with GF granola bars and don’t understand why, the following issues could be at fault.
Oats Could Cause a Reaction in Your Body
While oats are naturally gluten free, some people who suffer from celiac disease can have an adverse reaction to them. The proteins in oats trigger a response in their body that is similar to how their body reacts to gluten. This can occur even with products that are certified gluten-free.
If you have a history of your body not reacting well to oats, then consider eating only gluten-free granola bars without oats, regardless if the bars are certified GF. Instead, choose bars that are made from seeds and nuts. They are still just as tasty, portable, and filling as bars with oats.
Add-Ins Might Be Problematic
It’s normal to assume that because fruits and vegetables are naturally gluten free, their dried counterparts are as well. Unfortunately, it’s not so clear-cut. You also need to take into consideration how the fruits in your granola bar were processed. If you’re sensitive to gluten, then dried fruit processed in a shared facility could cause you problems.
When we talk about a “shared facility,” we mean that the GF granola bar or its ingredients may have been manufactured on equipment that also processed gluten-containing ingredients. If the manufacturer doesn’t properly clean their equipment between production runs, then your favorite gluten-free granola bars brands may actually contain traces of gluten.
Brown Rice Syrup
Another sneaky add-in that can cause issues is brown rice syrup. This syrup is often used as a sweetener in gluten-free products. However, the syrup is regularly processed with barley enzymes, which makes it unsafe to eat if you’re avoiding gluten. Additionally, malt extract is sometimes used to darken the color of the syrup.
When looking at the ingredient label of gluten-free granola bars, be sure to look for the hidden additives that could make you sick.
Gluten-Free Granola Bars Brands You Can Trust
We hope that you have found this list of gluten-free granola bars brands helpful. Make sure to bookmark it so that you have a quick resource on hand when you’re out shopping and looking for a quick treat. If you have a favorite GF granola bar that we didn’t include, tell us about it!
Go get your grub on!